Stuffed Shells with Italian Sausage

This dish was one of the first 10/10 that I got from Josh!

in fact, if I remember correctly he took 1 but and just started screaming! At first I thought he was just yelling because it was burning his tongue or something... I'm glad I was wrong!

This is a relatively simple dish to make but you do have to get your hands dirty (I found it's just easiest that way...)


Start by just cooking your shells. I like to cook them slightly al dente so they don't get too soft when you bake everything later.

While the shells are on the stove I made the cheese mixture! This time I added some steamed spinach and it made for such a tasty addition! (Josh and I have a hard time with veggies so I have been trying to sneak them into our meals. Shh!)


Once you've mixed it all together and added the sausage to the mix it should look something like this:


Once the shells are cooked be sure to let them cool down before adding the mixture to them! I have burned my hands before when I get too lazy to let them sit for a couple minutes. Learn from my mistakes!!

Add a small layer of sauce to the bottom of your baking dish. I usually do just over 1/4 cup for this.

Now for the fun part...
I found that the easiest way to stuff the shells is to just use my hands. It gets a little messy but it gets the job done!



When you shells are all stuffed and in the pan add more sauce and more cheese! (You can never have too much cheese!!)

I added some parsley flakes to the top of mine to make it pretty...cause I like that kind of stuff. 

Bake this for about 25 min or until the cheese is nice and bubbly on top. I like the cheese to get a little crispy so sometimes I let mind cook for a little longer...but that's just me.



And there ya go! a 10/10 meal on the Josh Stephens scale!

This is definitely one of our favorites and it makes for good left overs too!!







No comments