Parmesan Chicken Roll-ups

This is a new recipe to the Stephens house. And let me tell ya...it has quickly risen to the top 10 favorite list!



The first time I made this was a night that Josh and I were going to a friends house to play games. I didn't judge how much time we had to cook and eat before needing to leave. This meant we were eating in the car on our way to her house!
Josh took his first bite when we hit the first red light. He yelled so loud! It scared me at first! ...then I saw the look on his face and knew that he loved it!
Not only was it that yummy...but it was easy to eat in the car. Just in case that's something you look for in a meal ;)

 Remember HERE when I talked about cooking my chicken ahead of time? That comes in handy with  this meal and cut down a lot of the prep work, since you need to start with the chicken already cooked. (I used my pressure cooker to cook this chicken. It took 9 minutes to cook 3 frozen chicken breasts!!) Also, I never buy chicken tenderloins so I just use a thin cut chicken breast and slice that in half.

If you don't already have cooked chicken, that's fine! You can just start mixing your other ingredients together!
The first time I made this I used mayonnaise, sour cream, and cream cheese for the mixture. I didn't love the cream cheese taste with this too much so I've eliminated it since then. But if you like cream cheese...add it!

Spread this mixture across the entire crescent triangle then add some shredded mozzarella cheese to the wider end. I use shredded because that is just what I have. If you have it in a block or deli slices, that works too!


Add you chicken on top and roll it up! (Ignore my partially seasoned chicken... I don't know what happened there!)

Melt some butter (I did about 1-2 Tbsp) and add parsley and minced garlic. Spread this on top of the rolls for some extra flavor! The first time I made this I didn't add the garlic and it was still so good! ...but I love adding garlic to everything. I like it much more with some garlic!


Bake these for 14-15 minutes or until they turn golden-brown. My oven is exactly 14 minutes but I know every oven is a little different!




And these are pretty filling! I'm usually good with just eating 1 and Josh usually just eats 2 (sometimes 3 if he's super hungry)!
They do reheat pretty well. The roll just gets a little soggy if you do it in the microwave. But I recommend just eating all of them right out of the oven if you can!


Enjoy!

No comments