How it all started

I didn’t learn to cook much growing up. For a while it was just mom and me at home and we both didn’t eat very much…meaning it was kind of a waste of energy to cook for just the 2 of us. I taught myself how to make a couple things and there were a couple recipes that we both loved that we would cook together. Other than that, I didn’t know how to cook!

I was so worried that I wasn’t going to be a good wife because I lacked homemaking skills like cooking and crafting (I don’t know why I thought I NEEDED to be a crafter to be a good wife). Because I was so worried about not being a professional chef I took to Pinterest and any cookbook I could get my hands on. This helped me try new recipes and different kinds of food so I could learn different techniques and learn what goes good together while cooking.
Josh’s mom is an amazing cook and she would always have her kids and husband rate a new recipe on a scale of 1-10. I thought this was genius so I started asking Josh to rate things-this was so helpful to know how much he liked a meal compared to others that I would make. Right off the bat I got a couple 9’s and 10’s!! I cannot explain how great it was to hear him say those numbers. I put together my own cookbook (my binder stuffed with recipes) and I mark what Josh rates it.
I have completely fallen in love with cooking! (Which is totally why I asked for a deep freezer and food processor for Christmas last year!)

Long story short…I never thought I would be the kind of person that would look forward to cooking at night, that would plan our meals out in advance, or be crafty in any way. But I changed! I learned new skills and use them often. Josh laughs at me a little for how excited I get to plan my month of meals and look online for new recipes or figure out how to tweak them to get them to work with whatever nutrition plan I’m currently trying.


It is FUN for me! I look forward to sharing some of my favorite home-made things with you all!

No comments