Crock Pot Chicken Cordon Bleu

I always really loved Chicken cordon bleu but whenever I would try to make it...it would just come out tasting dry!

My solution to that problem? Crock pot!! I haven't made anything in my crock pot that has come out tasting dry!




I know...that picture doesn't look THAT appetizing. Trust me, it's yummy!


This is also a pretty simple meal to make. There isn't too much prep involved!

First you want to get your chicken, ham and cheese ready! If you do cut it all the way through it will just be a little messier and your ham/cheese may fall out while it's cooking.

You can either use deli style slices of Swiss cheese or you can buy a block of it and slice it yourself. I like to cut mine off of a block because it's just easier to roll it up for me.


Once that's all rolled up it is time to stuff it in the chicken! You don't have to secure it with tooth picks but it just helps keep it together!


The sauce mixture is the easiest thing ever and it adds so much flavor to the chicken. Sometimes I add Dijon mustard to the mix to give it even more flavor! So keep that in mind!
 I just throw these both in a bowl and whisk it until there aren't too many clumps. 
You want to put half of this on the bottom on the crock pot, put the chicken in then pour the other half on top.


Last step is to add your stuffing mix on top of the chicken and top it off with the melted butter! 
And about the butter... if I'm being honest...I usually use more than just 1/4 cup. Butter is just really good.


Cook this on low for 4-6 hours and that's it! You are all done!

Enjoy!

PS. This is one that Josh gave a 9/10 on!

No comments