Baked Potato Casserole with Chicken

Guys.
This was the first 10/10 Josh ever gave me!!

In fact...when we got home from our honeymoon this what the first thing he wanted me to make for him!



One of my favorite things about this recipe is that it is so versatile!

You like more chicken? Add more chicken.
You like more potatoes? Add more potatoes
You want to add some spice? Add some hot sauce or chili powder.
Basically anything you might normally add to a baked potato...add it!

You see what I mean? There are so many options!!

This one does take some effort though. You are are kind of prepping for a lot of the 45 minutes it takes to cook.


I always start by making the olive oil mixture with the salt, pepper, and garlic.
Sometimes when I make this I use minced garlic and other times I used garlic powder. I haven't noticed too much of a difference so I usually just go with whatever sounds fun at the time.


Right when I chop my potatoes I just throw them in this mixture and make sure they all get coated. 
I use my hands to fish them out of the mixing bowl so I don't bring too much of the oil with them. It can get a little too oily if you fish them out with a spoon.

Put the potatoes in an oiled baking dish (again...you don't need to oil the dish too much since the potatoes are coated in olive oil) and bake it for 30 minutes.

Make sure you take it out after 15 minutes just to stir in the dish!! That way they won't get baked onto the dish later.

Once the potatoes are in the oven I start to cut up the chicken into bite size pieces and put it all in the same olive oil mixture.
I just let it sit there in the refrigerator while the potatoes are baking.

After the chicken is taken care of... I start to chop my bacon and green onions.
(Also...see HERE why I bake my bacon ahead of time!)

When the potatoes are done with their 30 minutes its time to add everything else!! Woo!!

I first put the chicken then the bacon, green onions, and cheese. (I always do it in that order because I'm weird and feel like it matters... it doesn't!)

Bake this all for another 15 minutes and it comes out looking like this:


Oh yeah...and remember that you can always add as much cheese and bacon as you want. The more the merrier!

Josh loves to put sour cream on this to make it even more baked-potato-like. He loves the stuff!


Enjoy!

No comments